Buy on Konga

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Richards: Heart firmly in Manchester City. Fit-again Manchester City defender Micah Richards has spoken of his desire to remain at Eastlands for the rest of his professional career. The 25-year-old has been linked with a move away from City as doubts over his long-term fitness crept in after a succession of injuries over the past two seasons. He recently made a comeback from his latest injury and has featured in three games so far in the current campaign. Richards has made it clear that he has no intention of leaving the club he joined as a 13-year-old, and believes that he has another 10 years of football to offer at the Etihad Stadium. "I've seen it all now," he was quoted as saying in theManchester Evening News. "Some amazing players have come and gone - there's been some good quality gone out of the window and in 10 years it would be good to tell the fans what I've seen. "I am back fit now and I believe when I am playing fit I am as good as anyone in the division playing that role. "It's about keeping fit and getting some games in. I felt I played well in the three games. "I'm not leaving City it's my club and I love it here. Ten more years - that's my aim."

No comments: