Buy on Konga

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Agger denies Anfield exit claim. Liverpool defender Daniel Agger has denied reports emanating from Denmark that he is looking to leave Anfield in the near future. Brendan Rodgers has left the 28-year-old on the bench in each of the Reds' last four league games as he persists with a three-man defence, with Kolo Toure, Martin Skrtel and Mamadou Sakho the preferred trio. Agger has been linked with a move to Barcelona in recent months but the Danish centre-back expressed his desire to stay on Merseyside for the remainder of his contract which runs until 2016, however,TV3 Sportin Denmark have attributed quotes to the former Brondby youngster that indicate his willingness to move on. The report suggests that when asked what would make him leave, Agger reportedly aid: "First of all, if I don't play. If the manager doesn't think I'm good enough, that could make me leave Liverpool. "I'm here to play football, nothing else. So if I don't play football, then I don't want to be here anymore." Agger, though, moved to downplay talk of an imminent move, taking toTwitterto say: "Please stop all the tweets about me leaving! I'm not going anywhere! Will be back in the team soon."

No comments: