Buy on Konga

Monday 30 November 2015

EDEN HAZARD REALLY WORKING HARD

Hazard gave Chelsea more movement up front than when Costa has been playing recently and they created plenty of chances, but they did not have a finisher who could take them.
Hazard's situation is slightly different. When I've seen Costa play for Chelsea this season, he has not contributed enough but when I watch Hazard, I think he is actually doing too much.
I remember when I was Chelsea manager and had Mark Hughes in my team.
He was a fantastic target man who was willing to work hard but I asked him to do a little bit less because he was getting older.
Instead of following the ball deep or out wide, I just told him to operate inside the width of the 18-yard box in the opposition half.
The less he ran, the more energy he saved for the right reasons when we had the ball. I wanted him to concentrate on what he is best at, and it is the same with Hazard.
Against Spurs, Hazard responded to what his coach had asked for by tracking back all over the pitch, even though he was meant to be leading the line.
Eden Hazard touches vs Spurs
Eden Hazard made 71 touches against Spurs, more than any other Chelsea player. He made 71 sprints, the most of any player on the pitch
Mourinho must have been happy with what he did defensively, but I think it came as a cost in terms of what he offered in attack.
Hazard has had the same problem recently when he has been operating on the left, where he was so effective in helping Chelsea win the title last season.

No comments: