Buy on Konga

Monday 7 December 2015

Schweinsteiger can play better


Louis van Gaal believes that Bastian Schweinsteiger could have played better in every single appearance he has made for Manchester United.
United paid a reported £14.5million to sign Schweinsteiger from Bayern Munich in the summer, but Van Gaal believes there is plenty of room for the 31-year-old to improve on his performances for the club so far.
“The reason why we have bought Schweinsteiger is because he’s a player who can lead and guide a team,” Van Gaal said.
“It’s not just because of his football abilities that we bought him. Until now we haven’t seen the best of Schweinsteiger, the player I saw at Bayern Munich.
“I believe that in every match we have played he could have played better.”
Van Gaal would not reveal exactly what aspects of Schweinsteiger’s game the midfielder needs to improve on, adding: “I think I have to discuss with Bastian Schweinsteiger and not with you.
“Otherwise we have a tactical article about Bastian and then the reaction of the legends to that article so I don’t think that is wise.
“But I know he can be better.”
West Ham defender Winston Reid, meanwhile, believes Schweinsteiger should have been sent off for an elbow during Saturday’s 0-0 draw at Old Trafford.
“It was a red card,” Reid told Sky Sports. “He knows what he’s done – he’s elbowed me in the face. The referee couldn’t see it, so we move on.”
Hammers boss Slaven Bilic added: “It is a red card, but I can agree that he (referee Mark Clattenburg) didn’t see it. “No matter how many referees you have, sometimes they can’t see.
“I’m sure if he did see it, it would have been a straight red. Of course we are disappointed but it happens. He just didn’t see it.
“I saw it on the replays at half-time. It was a red, a big-time red. I understand the decision but it was a crucial moment. I can’t blame the referee.”

No comments: