Buy on Konga

Friday 11 December 2015

Moyes backing for Neville


It did not prove a success as Moyes spent just under a year in the Basque Country, but the 52-year-old said he was delighted to see Gary Neville recently take the plunge into coaching at Valencia.
“When I went to Spain I hoped more British managers would follow,” Moyes said.
“We keep importing foreign managers on these shores and I used to say to the LMA (League Managers Association) why can’t we send our best coaches abroad, especially the best leagues in Spain, Italy and Germany?
“We’ve been struggling to get into those leagues, so I’m thrilled Gary’s gone out there.
“It’s a chance for him to showcase British coaches but Gary will encounter difficulty at Valencia because it’s an incredibly tough club.
“We played them last year and lost 2-0 and the press there were asking me after: ‘Do you think we can catch Barcelona and Real Madrid?’
“I told them: ‘No chance’. They see themselves as competing with Atletico Madrid, but that’s impossible as well because they’re a really good team.
“But it’s a great challenge for Gary and he will experience things that he’s not seen before.”

No comments: