Buy on Konga

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Man Utd goalkeeper David De Gea says criticism has made him stronger

Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea believes that his
shaky start at the club has helped him become a better
player.
De Gea firmly established himself as United's No. 1 last
season after a tough start at Old Trafford following his move
from Atletico Madrid in 2011, and although David Moyes' side
have been less than convincing so far this season, the
Spaniard has been one of their most consistent performers.
"They were difficult times. It was hard for me," he told The
Sun .
"It wasn't easy hearing criticism but I tried to use it to
motivate me and make stronger.
"I like to think that from bad things you can derive good
results."
De Gea also admitted that he found it difficult to move away
from Madrid at such a young age, revealing that he felt the
weight of expectation following his £17.8million move to
United.
"I was very young," the 22-year-old added.
"I had arrived at a new club from another country, I was
learning a whole new language, I was adapting to a new style
of football and new team-mates.
"That's a lot to take in and I think it's natural that it will take
a little bit of time to settle."

No comments: