Buy on Konga

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Napoli coach Rafa Benitez has explained starting Gonzalo Higuain from the bench for the last defeat to AS Roma. Higuain was only a substitute and there were reports the striker told Benitez he didnt want to start. "I made the decision, we watch the players in every training session and I decided it was better to start with Pandev," insisted the coach. "If we find space for rapid counter-attack, then we make it difficult for anyone. We had a few chances and moved the ball around well, but against a strong side like Roma to concede a goal on the stroke of half-time and another on a penalty it becomes difficult for everyone. "I look at the performance and in terms of character Napoli did very well. I said beforehand this game would not decide the title, but clearly with the way we played I'd say it was a positve match. We played well and this bodes well for the future."